James Wagner grew up on a farm in Southern Ontario in the 1920's and 30's. His father was a German immigrant who worked hard
to provide for his wife and sons. James was a farmer too; he spent most of his life out in his fields, growing
everything imaginable in the fertile ground of his family tobacco farm near Tillsonburg, Ontario.
To us he was always Grandpa Jim, as we followed him around the farm. When the first members of our group turned to cannabis as a medicine, it was James who offered support and advice. When our family, mostly grandchildren of James, formed a collective of patients and growers under the MMAR, James was there. When it became clear that we needed to take our newly developed technology and apply to become a Licensed Producer under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), we could think of no more fitting accolade than to name our business after James.
James (Jim) Ellis Wagner was born October 15, 1928, in Port Colborne, Ontario. He passed away peacefully on November 29th, 2017, at the age of 89. He is survived by his 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. He was a tobacco farmer by trade, until ill health forced his retirement in his senior years. He is remembered as a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather who was always quick with a joke, and to offer his support. He will be greatly missed by his entire family.
JWC is a family business, founded on family values. Our founding members began growing their own product years ago, but our efforts quickly grew as we engaged with more patients and growers within our community. Our passion for growing was obvious in our products, and the lives of our patients. As we move forward as a Licensed Producer under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR), it is our goal to continue to help patients by providing clean, consistent medical cannabis products. We strive to continue to work within our community to help people access and understand cannabis.
- 15,000sq ft state-of-the-art retro-fit facility est. 2016
- Produces 1,500+ kg/yr
- 7 grow rooms
- 7 strains, 3 available for patient orders
- 40+ staff
- Construction commenced Q4 2017 on second 345,000sq ft retro-fit facility
- Target production of 28,500+ kg/yr
- 100+ grow rooms
- 7+ strains (expanding on genetic offerings)
- 400+ staff
Milestones & Upcoming Catalysts
The Story Begins
- First member of JWC Collective granted a license to produce cannabis
First Big Step
- Acquires first facility and is ready to proceed with the retro-fitting to become fully engaged in the production of medical cannabis pursuant to the ACMPR, with a view to the future sale of cannabis.
Things Are Shaping Up
- Completed first phase of construction of 15,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art production facility in Kitchener, Ontario
- Acquired Health Canada cultivation license
- Verified superiority of 4- part aeroponics growth system
- Filed patents for proprietary growth system
- Commenced construction on second site facility expansion in Q4
Step Into the Future
- Acquired sales license from Health Canada in early 2018
- Publicly traded through TSXV mid 2018
- Proceed with phased expansion into second facility and move toward maximum production
- Achieve production capacity of 90kg/day at full capacity
Shaping the World
- Retro-fit of the second facility in late Q4 will make JWC one of the largest aeroponic cultivators of any commercial crop in the world!